Mapúa Malayan Colleges Laguna (Mapúa MCL) is committed to protect the privacy rights of individuals on personal information pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations and the Basic Education Act of 1982.
All employees, students and administration officers are endeavored to comply and to share in the responsibility to secure and protect personal information collected and processed by Mapúa MCL in pursuit of legitimate purposes.
- Mapúa MCL adheres to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality in the collection, processing, securing, retention and disposal of personal information pursuant to the Mapúa MCL Data Privacy Manual.
- The students, parents, guardians, employees or third parties whose personal information is being collected shall be considered as data subjects for the purposes of these policies.
- Data subjects shall be informed of the reason or purpose of collecting and processing personal data.
- The data subjects shall have the right to correct the information especially in cases of erroneous or outdated data, and to object to collection of personal information within the bounds allowed by privacy and education laws.
- The data subject has the right to file a complaint in case of breach or unauthorized access of his personal information.
- Mapúa MCL shall secure the personal information of students, parents, guardians, employees and third parties from whom personal information is collected and shall take adequate measures to secure both physical and digital copies of the information.
- Mapúa MCL shall ensure that personal information is collected and processed only by authorized personnel for legitimate purposes of Mapúa MCL.
- Any information which is declared obsolete based on the internal privacy and retention procedures of Mapúa MCL shall be disposed of in a secure and legal manner.
- Data subjects may inquire or request for information from the Data Privacy Response Team, regarding any matter relating to the processing of their personal data under the custody of Mapúa MCL, including the data privacy and security policies implemented to ensure the protection of their personal data.
For inquiries concerning the processing of personal information please contact the Mapúa MCL Data Protection Officer at [email protected].