Course Load

Registration in a Course

Any student who enrolls in any course and who subsequently pays its corresponding fees shall, as a rule, report to and attend the class in that course from the start of classes. Failure to do so shall mean a grade of "8.00" (ABSENT) in the course unless he/she officially drops it through the Office of the College Registrar and merits a grade of "9.00" (DROPPED).

Maximum Course Load

Under the Trimester Plus system of Malayan Colleges Laguna, the regular academic calendar consists of three (3) regular terms of twelve (12) weeks each. The maximum student load per term is prescribed by the curriculum of the student. It should, however, not exceed fifteen (15) academic units.

Revision of Course Load

A student who has paid his/her fees during enrolment but who wishes to apply for revision due to erroneous course load may do so at the Office of the College Registrar during the "Revision of Load" period. Students must fill out the request form available at the Office of the College Registrar. Failure to revise the course load within the prescribed period shall mean payment of fees for dropped courses. A student enrolled in abolished classes shall be issued a refund provided he/she formally applies for a revision of his course load at the Office of the College Registrar during the prescribed period. Failure to revise the load shall be construed as a waiver of the right to refund of fees. No student shall be allowed to add courses to his/her current load after the revision period. Revision of course load should not violate the following:

  • the pre-requisite course regulation
  • the co-requisite course regulation

Pre-requisite Course Regulation

Students are given a structured program of study (curriculum) once they enrol in the college. Students are expected to self-manage their registration of courses each term.

As prescribed by the Commission on Higher Education, courses taken and completed without satisfying the prescribed pre-requisites shall not be given credit.

A student who receives a grade of "7.00" (INCOMPLETE) in a pre-requisite course shall not be allowed to take its advanced courses. The student must first complete/pass the pre-requisite course before he/she is allowed to take any of its advance courses.

Co-requisite Course Regulation

A co-requisite is a course which must be completed before, or enrolled concurrently with, the course for which it is prescribed.

Cancellation of Enrollment

College Registrar in writing within two (2) weeks from the beginning of classes. The cancellation shall take effect only upon receipt of his/her application for cancellation by the College Registrar. Non-compliance with this requirement shall result in the forfeiture of the student's right to any refund of fees paid by him/her in accordance with Section 66 of the 1998 Manual of Regulations for Private Schools that states:

When a student registers in a school, it is understood that he/she is enrolling for the entire school year for the elementary and secondary courses, and for the entire semester for the collegiate courses. A student who transfers or otherwise withdraws, and who has already paid the pertinent tuition and other school fees in full for any length of time longer than one month may be charged 10% of the total amount due for the term if he/she withdraws within the first week of classes, or 20% if within the second week of classes, regardless of whether or not he/she has actually attended classes. The student may be charged all of the school fees in full if he/she withdraws anytime after the second week of classes. However, if the transfer or withdrawal is due to a justifiable reason, the student shall be charged the pertinent fees only up to and including the last month of attendance.

student shall not be allowed to cancel his/her enrolment without the written consent of his/her parents or guardian. Together with the APPLICATION FOR CANCELLATION OF ENROLMENT (MCL OCR-004A), the following documents must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar on or before the deadline set by the Office of the College Registrar:

  • A certificate of matriculation (CM)
  • A letter from parents or guardian
  • A medical certificate (if cancellation is due to illness)
  • A clearance from the Office of the Treasure

A student who wishes to return in the following term after his/her cancellation of enrolment need not apply for reactivation.