The Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management program is committed to equip students with competencies that are needed to execute operational tasks and management functions in the field of tourism and hospitality industry. The curriculum focuses on student-centered activities to provide the necessary competencies in tourism planning and product development through sustainable tourism practices, events planning, transportation services, and travel and tour operations.
The program covers a broad range of topics related to the travel experience, and to the linkages between tourism as an industry and the impacts it has on communities and places toward business development. Graduates are prepared to engage in life-long learning that fosters creative and critical thinking, as well as effective communication to carry out tourism and hospitality career responsibilities.
The Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management program aims to:
- Enable its graduates to acquire career positions in the tourism and hospitality industries or in the broader service sector of the economy.
- Promote professionalism in the travel and hospitality practice.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management program are expected to:
- Display knowledge and understanding of the concepts and theories of tourism;
- Apply business principles in the dynamic and growing global fields of tourism;
- Demonstrate the skills needed to operate industry standard computer software;
- Exhibit knowledge of marketing local and international tourist destinations, as well as, other tourism and hospitality services;
- Demonstrate communication skills appropriate in the workplace;
- Apply principles of sustainable development in the tourism industry;
- Interact and work with people from diverse backgrounds and culture; and,
- Apply an appropriate work ethic and professional demeanor.
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org