Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering (BSMarE) is a maritime education program that covers the mandatory education and training for Officers in Charge of an Engineering Watch required under Regulation III/1 of the STCW Convention, 1978, as amended.
The BSMarE program being a dynamic profession, its curriculum is organized, planned and periodically reviewed to comply with the latest industry standards to develop those skills and abilities that are necessary in pursuing a professional career at sea and as global maritime practitioners.
Program Educational Objectives
The Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering Program aims to:
- Produce competent Officers in Charge of an Engineering Watch in manned engine-room or as designate duty engineer in periodically unmanned engine-room on seagoing ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750 kW or more.
- Produce graduates who are qualified to pursue a professional career or advanced studies in related maritime field of specialization.
The graduates of Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering Program are expected to:
- demonstrate the competence to perform the functions pertaining to marine engineering, electrical, electronic and control engineering, maintenance and repair , controlling the operation of the ship and care for persons on board the ship at the operational level and acquire the specific knowledge and understanding under Table A-111/2 of the STCW Code that are covered by this program;
- apply knowledge in mathematics, science and technology in solving problems related to the profession and the workplace;
- evaluate the impact and implications of various contemporary issues in the global and social context of the profession;
- use appropriate techniques, skills and modern tools in the practice of the profession in order to remain globally competitive;
- conduct research using appropriate research methodologies;
- work independently and in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- act in recognition and practice of professional, social, and ethical accountability and responsibility;
- preserve and promote "Filipino historical and cultural heritage"
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org