The Bachelor of Multimedia Arts program is a four-year program that is grounded on design, technology and the visual arts. It is a field of interdisciplinary study geared towards creative and effective storytelling and expression through the convergence of digital media technologies, forms and practices.
Graduates of this program are equipped with knowledge and skills that will enable them to communicate effectively, critically and creatively across a range of new media technologies and forms, and develop multimedia projects with these qualities, for various purposes.
The Bachelor of Multimedia Arts Program envisions its graduates to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of multimedia theories, genres and various approaches in applications of multimedia.
- Enhance technical proficiency in the use of appropriate hardware and software required in the production of multimedia projects.
- Develop the ability to exhibit creativity and innovative thinking in the design and production of multimedia projects.
- Provide opportunities to engage professionally and ethically in multimedia practice in the creative industries and other community contexts.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Multimedia Arts are able to:
- Design multimedia projects creatively, based on a knowledge of multimedia and communication theories, aesthetic principles and approaches.
- Critically evaluate and articulate the societal, aesthetic, communicative and ethical value of a multimedia project based on global trends and issues in multimedia technologies, design and practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the visual arts required in the production of multimedia projects.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in the use of the appropriate technologies required in the production of multimedia projects.
- Demonstrate professionalism and ethical behavior in the practice of multimedia in the creative industries and other community contexts.
- Apply analytical and interpretive skills in the study of multimedia-related texts.
- Collaborate effectively in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing using both English and Filipino.
- Demonstrate research skills by participating in the generation of new knowledge through research and development projects and activities.
- Recognize the need for lifelong learning and service orientation.
- Recognize the opportunities for various types of employment, development activities and public discourses, particularly in response to the needs of the communities one serves.
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : email@example.com