The Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering program draws upon a number of basic and applied sciences to design, build and improve devices,
machines, processes and systems that involve mechanical forces, work and energy. It emphasizes the study of the efficient transformation of energy
from one form to another and the behavior of solids, liquids and gases.
The program includes the design and manufacture of structures used in industrial, biomedical, instrumentation and transportation systems. It also
includes converting thermal and chemical energy into mechanical work through engines and power plants; transporting energy via devices like heat
exchangers, pipelines, gears and linkages; and utilizing energy, forces and structures to perform a variety of tasks. Since all manufactured products
contain parts that transmit forces, mechanical engineering is considered vital in designing and selecting materials that will ensure the structural
integrity of almost every product.
- Graduates of mechanical engineering program will have the technical skills and professional qualifications to become competent engineers who can support the industry, academe, or government.
- Graduates of mechanical engineering program will be collaborators and innovators in the field, leading or participating in efforts to address social, technical, ethical and business challenges.
- Graduates of mechanical engineering program will be engaged in life-long learning and professional development.
Graduates of Mechanical Engineering Program are expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Broad education to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : email@example.com