The Industrial Engineering program deals in the design, improvement and installation of products, processes and integrated systems of people,
materials, information, equipment and energy. The program must have a specialized knowledge and skills in the mathematical, physical and
social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design to specify, predict, and evaluate the results
to be obtained from such systems. The program provides a broad spectrum including production planning and control, manufacturing systems
and processes, facilities design, human factors, occupational safety, quality control, systems reliability, and systems analysis and design
with a strong emphasis on advanced computing. A total systems approach is used to optimize the various aspects of operations in both manufacturing
and service industries.
Graduates of the program use many analytical approaches to improve productivity, safety, and quality of working life while reducing operating costs.
- Graduates of industrial engineering program will have the technical skills and professional qualifications to become competent engineers who can support the industry, academe, or government.
- Graduates of industrial engineering program will be collaborators and innovators in the field, leading or participating in efforts to address social, technical, ethical and business challenges.
- Graduates of industrial engineering program will be engaged in life-long learning and professional development.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering program are expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Understanding on professional and ethical responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- l. Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org