The Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering program aims to provide the highest quality, broad-based technical, scientific, and liberal
education to enable students to qualify for graduate or advanced education and professional work in a wide range of civil engineering activities.
The program is a balanced learning experience covering geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation and traffic engineering,
water resources engineering, environmental engineering, construction engineering and management, and project planning and administration. The
program’s thrust is to create and maintain an educational environment that promotes diverse skills and practical applications designed to prepare
students for their entry into the profession and to foster in them the need to observe ethical standards.
Graduates of civil engineering program will have the technical skills and professional qualifications to become competent engineers who can support the industry, academe, or government.
Graduates of civil engineering program will be collaborators and innovators in the field, leading or participating in efforts to address social, technical, ethical and business challenges.
Graduates of civil engineering program will be engaged in life-long learning and professional development.
Graduates of the Civil Engineering program should have the:
- ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems
- ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards
- ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- ability to communicate effectively
- broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
- knowledge of contemporary issues
- ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- understanding of at least one specialized field of civil engineering practice.
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org