Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation is a program incorporating nautical science, marine operations and maritime shipping business management.
It deals with the art and science of ship operations, navigating, and ship stability (load and discharge different types of cargo).
The Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation, being a dynamic program, its curriculum is organized, planned and periodically reviewed to comply
with the latest industry standards to develop those skills and abilities that are necessary in pursuing a professional career at sea and as global
The Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation program aims to:
- Produce and provide the maritime industry with well-rounded, qualified, well-trained complete marine deck officers to meet the human resource
requirements of the global maritime industry, ashore and afloat.
- Prepare, ensure and make the graduates available to the world in general and the Philippines in particular as ship professionals capable of
meeting the ever expanding global need of as shipboard officers, marine surveyors and maritime executives and as leaders in the maritime industry,
the transportation field in particular to meet the present and future challenges. Graduates should not only be familiar with the state-of-the art
environment but also with different cultures with different ways of thinking in his globalized milieu. That they should not only be experts locally
but also globally and capable of performing under highly varied and stressful situations and locations.
- Inculcate to our graduates that as players in the global maritime playing field and everything being equal, there is an ethical standard in the
practice of the profession and therefore righteousness, fair play, self-discipline, pride in the profession and respect to all must be afforded.
- Produce maritime professionals as a party to ensure that the Philippines continues to maintain its position as the leading provider of quality
maritime manpower worldwide and the pride to be Filipinos and be able to contribute their share in whatever capacity.
- Develop those skills and abilities that are necessary in pursuing a professional career at sea and to ensure that the students have a greater
understanding of shipping operation, the business aspects of the maritime industry to ensure that they graduate professionally competent, trained
for leadership and responsibility, well-rounded intellectually and a good citizen of the Philippines and of the world.
- Comply with the requirements as set forth in the International Convention on the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for
Seafarers (STCW) 1995, as well as the STCW Code in subsequent related amendments, bearing in mind that the maritime profession is the most
globally regulated of all professions.
- Prepare graduates to discharge responsible duties as leaders in the allied fields of the maritime industry as ship managers, ship operators,
maritime educators, marine surveyors and port managers, at retirement and/or stop serving ships and or naval and coast guard officers upon
- Inculcate in our graduates what Globalization is and make them realize the interdependence of between maritime professionals and global trade
The graduates of Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation Program are expected to:
- Have the necessary competences required by the STCW (at a theoretical and practical level A-II/1, A-II/2, A-II/2, A-VI/1-1, A-VI/1-4,
A-VI/1-4, A-VI/2) and serve as Officers in Charge of a Navigational Watch after attaining their OIC Navigation Watch licenses.
- Attain and show knowledge of General job-related competences by developing ability to work towards solving problems in the sense of being
able to identify and analyse complex problem situations in a professional context independently and ability to develop and apply useful
- Attain and show knowledge of on Discipline-specific scientific competences by acquiring the understanding of basic scientific knowledge
specific to the marine transportation and nautical sciences.
- Attain and develop the sense of analytical and critical thinking and knowledge of research methods and techniques (quantitative and
qualitative) and the ability to apply them.
- Develop the sense of problem-driven thinking and problem-solving actions. 3-12 2010 STUDENT CATALOGUE OF INFORMATION
- Attain and develop social responsibility in the professional context (environmental awareness, safety on board and in port).
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : email@example.com
Mapúa-PTC College of Maritime Education and Training
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Deadline for Application for Shifting to Other Programs
Release of Shifting Results
Deadline for Submissions of Credit Evaluation for Shifters
Deadline for Request for Completion of "C" and "INC" Grades
Deadline for Cancellation of Enrollment without Refund
Deadline for Individual Dropping of Courses