The E.T. Yuchengco College of Business upholds the mission of Malayan Colleges Laguna thru its Bachelor of Science in Accountancy Program by providing students with an industry relevant curriculum and an educational experience that fosters excellence in technical competence, soft skills and ethical professional practice.
The curriculum map of the B.S. Accountancy program addresses the requirements set out by the International Education Standards and the Core Competency Framework for entry to the Philippine Accountancy Profession. The BSA program also provides for opportunities for research on current professional trends as well as application of concepts learned thru practice sets and an apprenticeship program.
The Bachelor of Science in Accountancy Program envisions its graduates to:
- Be actively engaged in the practice of the Accountancy profession in any of the four sectors (Public Practice, Commerce & Industry, Academe, Government);
- Continuously acquire and maintain professional competence through related work experience and Continuing Professional Development(CPD);
- Practice the professional behavior required in the practice of Accountancy; and,
- Participate in activities gearing towards improvement of their local community or professional organization or the society as a whole.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Accountancy Program are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge in accounting and taxation as well as proficiency in the application of relevant national and international financial reporting standards;
- Ability in designing, implementing and auditing accounting information systems and ensuring relevant internal controls are present;
- Ability to provide critical analysis reports to aid management’s decision-making process;
- Understanding of finance, financial markets and financial management strategies and how they affect the business;
- Knowledge of business laws and their relevance to business operations and decisions;
- Skills in strategic, business process and business risk analysis to aid in the conduct of audit;
- Proficiency in the application of national and international standards in the conduct of an audit;
- Adherence to the accountancy law and the Code of Professional Ethics for professional accountants;
- Ability to synthesize research information about current issues in the various sectors of the accountancy practice.
- Critical and logical problem-solving and decision-making skills in terms of operating, financing and investing decisions in business;
- Proper workplace communication and interpersonal skills in diverse, multi-cultural environments;
- Effective leadership and project management abilities; and
- Virtues of discipline, punctuality, honesty and responsibility.
Malayan Colleges Laguna
Pulo Diezmo Road, Cabuyao, Laguna 4025
Trunkline: +63 (49) 832-4000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org