Senior High School
Level up your high school education at Malayan Colleges Laguna this June 2017.
With its smart campus, highly qualified mentors, learner-centered curricula, and industry-preferred programs, MCL Senior High School will offer education beyond question for Grades 11 and 12. Right here.
• Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
• Accountancy, Business and Management (ABM)
• Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS)
• Pre-Baccalaureate Maritime (PBM)
• Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Specialization in Animation and Contact Centre Services
- Specialization in Computer Programming and Contact Centre Services
• Home Economics (HE)
- Specialization in Bread and Pastry Production, Cookery, Food and Beverage Services and Housekeeping
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCEDURES
STEP 1: Submit the requirements to Admissions Office (ADO).
- Duly Filled application Form for Senior High School
- Original and photocopy of School ID
- Two pieces 1.5” x 1.5” identical pictures with plain background
Additional requirements for Grade 12 Transferees for S.Y. 2017-2018
- Original and photocopy of Grade 11 Report Card
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
STEP 2: Pay the application fee (PHP 300.00) to Treasury Office (TO).
STEP 3: Present official receipt of payment to ADO and secure test permit and admissions kit.
STEP 4: Present the test permit to the proctor and take the MCL Senior High School Examination on the scheduled date. Examinees are advised to arrive 30 minutes earlier of the scheduled time for orientation.
STEP 5: Exam results can be viewed online at www.mcl.edu.ph after three (3) working days. If you cannot view the result, please contact the ADO at (049)832-4063 to 66.
STEP 6: After receiving the results of the MCL Senior High School Exam, kindly secure the requirements for enrollment.
Note: The MCL Senior High School Exam results will be used to determine the applicant’s eligibility for any scholarship.
You can download the Application form here : Senior High School Application Form
To ensure a smooth processing of enrollment, we would like to remind the enrollee to prepare the list of requirements below. We have designated areas for the parents to stay while waiting for the enrollee as we encourage them to process their enrollment independently.
1. Learner Reference Number
2. Entrance Examination Permit
3. Original Grade 10 report card showing applicant’s eligibility for admission to Senior High School, duly signed by the High School Principal
3.1 The principal/ adviser must countersign the report card if it has erasures or alterations
3.2 The applicant must submit a certificate of the school’s numerical equivalent if the report card contains alpha grades
3.3 The applicant must submit an authenticated report card if he/she graduated from an international school
4. Recent certificate of Good Moral Character (issued February 2017 onwards) from the High School Principal with school seal
5. Photocopy of PSA/NSO birth certificate (original must be presented for verification)
5.1 If the applicant is not a Filipino citizen, submit (a) original and photocopy of passport with at least 6 months validity; (b) Alien Certificate of Registration; (c) student visa or student study permit
5.2 If the applicant has dual citizenship, submit (a) Certificate of recognition as Filipino citizen or Philippine Passport ; (b) Authenticated birth certificate
6. Two pieces 1 ½ ” x 1 ½ ” recent identical photographs (with plain background and name at the back)
FOR VOUCHER VALIDITY AND REDEMPTION
1. Photocopy of PSA/NSO birth certificate
2. Photocopy of Certificate of Junior High School Completion
3. Photocopy of Good Moral Character Certificate
4. For students who graduated from a Public School - Photocopy of Grade 10 report card (with Learner Reference Number (LRN)
5. For ESC Grantees - ESC Certification Letter from Junior High School Principal (format available through the ESC IMS)
6. For Qualified Voucher Applicants - QVR Certificate
FOR SCHOLARSHIP VALIDATION
1. Duly filled out scholarship application form
2. For High School honor students
• Certificate of honors which includes the rank and number of graduating students signed by the High School Principal (with school seal)
3. For academic achievers
• Photocopy of the entrance examination result letter
• Photocopy of the report card
GUIDELINES FOR ID PICTURE-CAPTURING
ID picture-capturing will be done during enrollment in MCL. These guidelines will be implemented in picture-capturing for the official MCL ID.
a. Eyeglasses must be removed for the photograph.
b. Contact lenses may be worn, but contact lenses that change one’s true eye color must be removed.
c. Both ears should be visible.
d. Earrings must be removed for the photograph.
e. Hair accessories must be removed for the photograph.
f. Students must wear a collared shirt or blouse. If the student is wearing an un-collared shirt or blouse, then a coat or blazer must be worn over it. Girls must not wear attires with plunging necklines.
g. No hats or head coverings must be worn, except for religious purposes. A Muslim student may wear a hijab and not show her ears, but her face should be wholly visible for identification. The head covering must not cover the eyebrows and eyes.
SCHOLARSHIP GRANTS FOR HIGH SCHOOL HONOR STUDENTS
- Valedictorian (or 1st placers among Grade 10 completers in one's school) shall receive 100% discount on tuition fees for 1 year (3 terms).
- Salutatorians (or 2nd placers among Grade 10 completer's in one's school) shall receive 50% discount on tuition fees for 1 year (3 terms).
- Other academic achievers from among the applicants shall receive 25% discount on tuition fees 1 year (3 terms) if they meet the following qualifications:
- Obtains a rating of 85% or higher in the MCL Entrance Exam, and
- Grade 10 completion credentials show a general weighted average of 90.0 or higher.
Tuition fee discounts for the 2nd and 3rd term will continue to be awarded as long as the student passes all courses enrolled in the previous terms.
E.T. YUCHENGCO INSTITUTIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
For applicants who scored a 90% rating or better in the MCL Senior High School Exam with a total annual household income of Three hundred thousand pesos (Php 300,000.00) or below.
- Letter of intent signed by the applicant
- BIR Income Tax Return copy
- Certificate of Indigency – may be acquired thru their respective barangay offices
- Parent’s Employment contract – for students whose parents/guardians are OFWs
Note: all documents should be notarized
MALAYAN COLLEGES LAGUNA VARSITY SCHOLARSHIP
For applicants who are committed to excel, and aspire to share prestige and glory by representing MCL through Basketball and Football. Applicants must pass the MCL Senior High School Exam and the tryouts.
Successful applicants will receive a 50% to 100% discount on tuition fees.
Youngest of two (2) 10% discount on tuition fees
Youngest of three (3) 25% discount on tuition fees
Youngest of four (4) 40% discount on tuition fees
YGC Regular Employee’s Dependent 25% discount on tuition fees
MCL Regular Employee’s Dependent 50% discount on tuition fees